Wow! So thanks to addieshutup for nominating me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! Her blog is highly entertaining, written in an honest, interesting manner. A great read! I am thankful and honoured for the recognition of being nominated for this award.
There are some rules for this award – which remind me that we are paying it forward in our acknowledgement of those who inspire us. Here are the rules:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 bloggers for this award.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination by linking to one of their specific posts so that they get notified by ping back.
So. Would you like to know 7 more things about me?
1. I hate to lose. Not really in a healthy way either. I am a highly competitive, throw a tantrum (in one way or another) live to win kind of girl. I can’t stand to do something that I’m not the best at. Anybody who has ever played a video game with me and beaten me has felt the “Cookie Just Lost” Wrath.
2. I’m adopted, and I only found out about it as an adult. It started with a phone call from a social worker one morning, as I was having coffee and trying to pack for vacation. Apparently my birth family was looking for me. Pardon fucking me? It’s 9 am and I’m adopted? Excuse me while I go get a straw and a bottle of gin. I’ll tell you all the whole story one day.
3. Being a teacher is what changed my mind about having children of my own. Weird, eh? Most people say the opposite is true. But for me, I get to develop meaningful relationships with each child and their family. I get to watch them start out on their tiny violins at age 3 or 4, and turn into teenagers before my eyes. I get to have an real influence in their lives not just by teaching them to be good musicians, but hopefully by being good people. This is the Suzuki way. And I thought one day, how can I not experience this journey with my own child? And man, that instinct was right.
4. I am unusually drawn to water, and an incredibly good swimmer. I suppose it’s because of all the years of speed swimming training as a child, but water is probably the most soothing thing to me, next to a bottle with a 40% sign near the bottom. A warm bath, or a day on the water at the lake can do wonders for my state of mind.
5. Get this. I am a fucking bird nerd. I’ve lost my touch in the past few years, because I haven’t had the time to get out and really bird. But I fucking love strapping on a pair of binoculars, grabbing a field guide and stomping through trails in search of some new species I haven’t seen before. Seriously. you should try it.
6. I can’t make Jello. I’ve never been able to do it. Not in a small batch, not in a large batch, not with tequila or vodka in it. Jello hates me. Period.
7. If I had it my way, and it was financially viable, I would live in the country, on a self sustainable farm, with a dog pack, a herd of horses, probably a few goats, a cow, some ducks…..you get it. I like animals, and would be happy to have my own zoo.
Here are some reads that I have been enjoying over the last couple months:
15 Inspirational bloggers!